28 September 2009

dear dad

Did anyone ever tell you how much I hated you?

Dear dad, your breath stinks and your teeth are rotten
You stink of alcohol and a mixture of scents.
Your head shows how much you've aged
With scalp visible due to alcohol's aid.
You curse and spit,
You whine and shit
You piss in the cupboard and you don't care for me one bit.

You wake up in the morning and tell that you love me,
I return from school and I see you drunk, unhappy.

You never work, yet you complain
How much our lives are in pain.

I never see you awake most of the days
On your sweet, sweet bed you often lay.
I wanted to hug you, wanted to kiss,
So I woke you up to tell you how much I missed
You, yet you simply cursed and grumbled
And told me to sleep, I believe that's what you mumbled.

Dear dad, I then decided
Your presence is no longer needed.
I've wiped my tears
And held my fears
And you are now nothing but a shadow
Of the past that mourns in sorrow.

Dear dad, did anyone tell you how much I hated you?

You used to be my model for God,
But you made me give up all I had.

Dear dad,
Consider yourself told.

No comments:

Post a Comment